Thursday, November 11, 2010

Furniture From the Thrift Shop Makes Sense

Written by my friend Marquis Finley

I am a college student who lives in an apartment with several other students. The room came with a twin bed and one chair. We were told the rent is cheap because we have to provide our own furniture. Since I have very little money to spend on furniture, I avoided the local furniture stores, I couldn't afford to buy there. I headed directly to the local thrift shops. Since this is a college town, we have several good thrift shops.

The first store didn't have what I needed, but my friend Mary found everything on her list. I was getting discouraged and tired. I kept thinking I would never find what I needed. The last thrift shop we visited had everything I needed and more. I looked around the store and made a mental note of what the costs where. I knew I made it under budget.

For less than $100 I bought an oak dresser, night table, a lamp for the night table and a mirror. I also found a few toss pillows and a pair of curtains for my room. I was very pleased with myself and my purchases. My friends are helping me load the stuff into a van to take it home. I am so tired, I can't wait to get home, put my feet up and watch fox on our new tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home