Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Carving - My Favorite Fall Activity

Guest post by Jewel Cole

My favorite fall activity has to be pumpkin carving. Whenever I look at the round, bulbous exterior of a pumpkin I am reminded of the countenance of a orange headed man and how it would be so nice to carve a face into it. Every time fall approaches I am suffused with this urge, and as a result I quickly venture over to the local pumpkin patch to spend the day selecting the perfect pumpkin in which to carve my masterpiece. I know people will tell you that a pumpkin is too elliptical to serve as a human head, but I disagree. A pumpkin is how a head is supposed to be, and it is this reason why pumpkin faces seem prettier than human ones.

When I go to the pumpkin patch, I like to select a pumpkin that is perfectly ripe. I have the children join me, but usually they run off and do non-pumpkin related things. They and my wife have no interest in my obsession with pumpkins and pumpkin carving. They wonder why I do not even eat the pumpkins, but merely carve them and then throw the insides into the trash. This is because I cannot stand the taste of pumpkins and pumpkin pie. It has nothing to do with art anyway. Whenever I go to the pumpkin patch with the family, I always set my home security alarm(offers adt). You never know when criminals will strike, and it keeps our possessions safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home