Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Jaunt Through the City of Light


The following is a guest post from our friend, Greg Fletcher.

When I was a college student, it seemed like I either spent my time doing homework, going out, or staying home and watching the channels we got after our satellite dish installation. Finally one day I decided I was tired of watching travel channels, and I decided to do some traveling myself. So where did I go? Paris, France. It's where my family is originally from before they immigrated here in the 40's.

I took a 9 hour flight from Chicago to Paris, and then a taxi to a hostel. When I finally got caught up on some rest I took a map, a small French translation book, and some Euros and I went exploring. The first place I went was the Champ de Mars. There I got to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and see all of Paris from up high. After that I went to a small cafe called Cafe Constant and had some tea and French pastries.
Before I left I asked my waiter where to go next. He told me that the Place Charles de Gaulle was the place to go. There I would get to see the Arc de Triomphe and experience the old world charm that Paris has to offer. I spent the rest of my trip going to many places, but those are the ones I'll remember most.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home