Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Already!


Contribution by Saul Martin

I can't believe Halloween is finally here! This year the kids are going as a witch and a mad scientist. Since Halloween is on the weekend this year, it will likely be a weekend-long holiday. Both of the kids' school parties are on Friday. That night, the Kiwanis are sponsoring an fall festival downtown, so we're going to hit that after dinner.

I've heard everyone's going trick or treating on Saturday in our area since it seems wrong to celebrate Halloween on Sunday. So we will likely watch spooky cartoons all day Saturday with direct tv deals until it gets dark outside.

I only allow the kids to trick or treat in our neighborhood and in my parents' neighborhood. They don't bring in as much candy as I did as a child. We used to hit every street in town. But time's have changed and they don't need all that candy anyway.

There really isn't anything planned for Halloween on Sunday, so the kids and I will probably make cookies and caramel apples and watch It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I can hardly wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home