Monday, October 18, 2010

Homemade Costumes for Everyone!

Thanks for the article from Antone Medina

I have been a seamstress for 10 years now and counting. I love making clothes for my children, their children and neighborhood kids as well. Every year around Halloween I sit in front of the satellite TV from expertsatellite.com to watch "Leave it to Beaver" and make my grandchildren their yearly costumes.

This year my two granddaughters are going to be fairies and my grandson is an elf. It took me a total of 40 hours to complete the costumes but they came out absolutely stunning if I might say. On Halloween night they came over to put their outfits on and show them to old grandma! They looked very precious and I think I think I used a whole roll of film to capture there loveliness.

I'm going to be incredibly sad when these days are gone and I hope that someday I will be able to make my great-grandchildren costumes as well. I am also getting old and my hand do not quite work the same way they used to, but I am no where near to old to stop making my children happy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home