Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Staying In Touch With Dad

vintage-dads-day.jpgThanks to our friend, Malcolm Pamer.

My father and I have had a very interesting relationship. Many people have told me that it’s the oddest relationship they had ever seen. This is because one day we will love each other and the next day we will despise each other. It can even get to the point where we won’t speak for a year. At the same time, we love each other enough that we always end up missing each other. I guess there are a lot of other people out there with similar circumstances. I just don’t know any of them.

A few months ago, my father and I got into an argument. It was the most ridiculous argument on the face of the Earth, which should have come as no surprise to me. I was staying at his house overnight because I had a business meeting close to where he lives. While relaxing at his home, I decided to go for a dip in his pool. Unfortunately, I didn’t dry off enough and dripped a little water on the hardwood floors. How dare I? He freaked out and kicked me out of the house. After this, I never wanted to speak to him again.

Eventually, I got over it and contacted him through my satellite internet. He apologized and told me he was just having a bad day. I’ll give him a pass. He is my dad, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home