Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Wish: More Hours During The Day

The following post is written by our friend, David Martin.

I've always wanted to visit every Major League Baseball stadium before I die. Unfortunately, after calculating the final cost, I realized that this wasn't going to happen for me anytime soon. I don't want to visit every ballpark for the sake of marking them off on my imaginary bucket list. I've always been a fan of baseball in general. I never had a favorite team from the time I was young. That's what happens when you come from a military family. Since we were always moving, I think I was never in an area long enough to form that bond with a baseball team. I had my favorite players growing up, but players change teams about as often as my family moved, so we were in the same situation.

Last year I made the decision to purchase new TV, and I also signed up for the best cable tv deals to watch as much baseball as possible. I'm somewhat surprised that it took me this long to make that decision. This was my answer to finding an alternative for my situation. Instead of spending months on the road and thousands of dollars on tickets, hotel rooms and souvenirs, I can watch every Major League Baseball game during the course of the season. It's even becoming a bit of a challenge to watch every game on a particular day. Oh well, at least my dream will still come true in some small way.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home