Monday, October 12, 2009

Give Yourself Some Credit

I have been on a mission for the past month to fix my credit. I had a few bumps along the way after being injured in an accident, and also having a relationship where my former spouse managed money poorly. Some of the bad credit is the result of joint accounts, but some are not. Some are credit cards and such where I had to bail them out and just wasn't thinking.

I thought it was very difficult to fix your credit. I have learned that this is not the case. You can request your credit report free once a year, or you can also get one when you are turned down for credit. That was easy enough, and I did make a dispute. However, when you want to repair credit, you want to keep looking at your report, and you cannot when you get a free one online. Transunion or Experian, I forgot which, wanted $11.00 each time.

The way around that is looking for a company, such as Repairyourbadcredit.com, which provides additional services, such as monitoring and credit repair. There is a fee, but they will help you dispute late payments and delinquencies. You can do this on your own, but it is much more costly having to continually requesting reports. With a company in charge, they handle everything for you at a cost savings in comparison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home