Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Discuss Amongst Yourselves

This week, I have had several door hangers and several mailbox stuffers advertising broadband internet. It would seem to me that there would only be one or two providers in my area. I probably would get to pick from the local phone company, or the local cable company, and that would be it. I was very amazed to find that it was not the case. Many internet providers provide broadband service, even though all the junk mail was just from one or two trying to upgrade me.

I have taken for granted that there is broadband abroad. In the UK, they have broadband internet service just like in the United States. America Online is over there. It is shocking to me that they wouldn't call it Britain Online. There is actually a provider called UK Online, though I don't think it is affiliated.

As a matter of fact, I have friends that are temporarily relocating to London to train new hires in their company. There is actually an online forum that provides an outlet for reviewing broadband companies. There are several different sites out there that have reviews, but they are mostly affiliate sites, meaning that the webmaster just put a cursory amount of info together in order to make money from sign ups. Ukbroadbandforum.co.uk seems to have some real meat to it. There are many threads and subforums where people are not holding back on their opinions, either to vent or give praise where its due.

Has the forum helped you find a provider? Let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home