Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Most Expensive Socks In The World: Fight Back!

socks.jpgRecently, a family member was hospitalized for an extended period of time. I was the one who was helping them go over all the bills. I half expected to see some major price gouging on basic supplies like aspirin and gauze, and I was correct. They even charged them for an entire case of footies and medical stockings, even though they only used a couple of pairs. The medical stockings were later recommended for home use for edema.

You can be sure after I found Discountsurgical.com on the web, that we will be ordering from there. It may sound like I am wishing ill on my relatives by even thinking about it, but the next time I have a loved one in the hospital, I am going to bring them socks. This will probably save them $40-150 a day on their medical bill.

Some footwear that they have at the hospital look like something from my sock drawer. I was educated on compression footwear. Special socks and hose actually help with circulation as they provide a bit of compression. In fact the compression is the most intense near the ankle and gradually reduces as you move up the sock. As their is movement in the legs and the calf muscles pump, the compression increases circulation in both the circulatory and lymphatic systems.

sock_puppet.jpgYou can be sure after I found Discountsurgical on the web, that we will be ordering from there. It may sound like I am wishing ill on my relatives by even thinking about it, but the next time I have a loved one in the hospital, I am going to bring them socks. This will probably save them $20-60 a day on their medical bill.

On another note, the ones that are not used would make great sock puppets. You would have more room for your forearm as the knee sock is not compressed at the top, and it would not be baggy around the wrist. That is the biggest complaint when making a sock puppet. Baggy wrists, especially for the hands of younger children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home