Tuesday, September 29, 2009

PDF: The Great Equalizer

pdf.jpgThe other day, I was at a friend's house and I was typing up something on their computer. I used Microsoft Works, and then emailed myself a copy. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't support Works, so all I got was a garbled mess. If I had been able to convert it into an adobe pdf, I might not have been able to edit it again, but I could print it out on any computer, no matter what.

Converting works or word to pdf means that when you create a document, it is also going to look as you intended. It is not going to reformat itself. If a document reformats, it is sometimes time consuming to go back through the document and take out extra spaces and change fonts all over again.

You don't have to have any fancy software. A pdf reader is free for the download, but what do you do if you want to MAKE a pdf? There is software that you can download at Pdfconverted.com. It creates a virtual printer, where you can publish your documents into PDF format very easily. In fact, you can also convert PDF documents to a Word document, so that you may edit forms that someone sends for you to complete. If I had downloaded this on my friend's computer, I not only could have sent a readable copy home to my self, but I could have edited in Microsoft Word at a later date if I wanted to.

Have you tried the PDF Writer/Reader from PDFConverted.com? If you have been using it for awhile, tell us what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home