Monday, May 16, 2011

Online Businesses

Thanks to Roman May

As an online business, we wanted to avoid having to keep many hard copies of our records. Neither my partner nor I have huge home offices, so we wanted to make every part of the business possible be an online function. For example, all of our records and tax documents are now stored digitally, which really cuts down on the amount of paper waste we create. We also only accept credit cards online, which eliminates the need for keeping cash around or depositing checks at the bank. We also had to set up an internet merchant account for the business, which was only slightly more complicated than a standard merchant account.

It feels really good being part of the digital age, and I'm not worried about our business being broken into or a flood damaging all of our records. You laugh, but I've dealt with both of those issues before at previous places of employment! I wanted to do this the right way, and I feel like the way we're running things is definitely how the 21st century is going to expect a business to be run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home