Friday, April 09, 2010

Wedding Photojournalism

hendrickskim1.jpgI have seen my share of wedding photography. In fact, I have reviewed the portfolios of many bay area wedding photographers in light of my friend's upcoming nuptials. I don't live in the area, but they want my opinion based on my personal photography experience. There was one among the bunch that particularly caught my eye. Hendricks Kim Photography is doing something very different and unique that really breaks from the ordinary "line up" photos that you might expect. The best way I can describe the style of the bay area wedding photographer is artistic photo journalism.

I have seen so many boring wedding photos that include the standard "line ups" and scenes. It is okay to have the obligatory photos posed with the parents, etc., but when the wedding is completely posed and filled with the standard, cookie cutter moments, you tend to forget whose wedding you are at in the photos. Of course, you know whose wedding it is, but there is no distinctiveness in the photo style.

The photographers at Hendricks Kim are based in Seattle, but their business is classified as providing bay area wedding photography as well, as they travel. Frequently, they shoot weddings in the San Francisco Bay area. The photographers at Hendricks Kim are based in Seattle, but their business is classified as providing bay area wedding photography as well, as they travel. Frequently, they shoot weddings in the San Francisco Bay area.

hendrickskim2.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home