Thursday, March 18, 2010

As Good as Gold

I have heard of several folks forgoing traditional savings accounts because, quite frankly, the return on them is not too hot. I am lucky to be earning one to three percent for my savings. A few people I know have just been keeping more money around the house as a result and not letting it hit the bank at all. A few other friends have invested in gold bars or have wanted to buy gold online. Well, you can't actually own gold bars from the treasury. That is why you buy into a gold fund. However, some were just buying pieces of gold. It will always be worth something. It will never be worth zero, and they are betting on it being more stable than other investments.

For now, I am sticking to my statement savings account, but before I invest in stocks, I am going to explore this other option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home