Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Insurance: No More, No Less

Free Pictures | acobox.comNow that I am a new car owner, I have been shopping around for car insurance. Truth be told, it is not a new car. It is just new to me. Also, I did have to get insurance right away to even put it on the road. However, now that I have it, I can shop around. My new policy expires in five months, and at that time I will decide whether to keep what I have or to go with a new carrier.

Of course, cheap car insurance is not all it is cracked up to be if it doesn't offer you the coverage you require. There are some policies that offer no great value when you analyze it. The money savings comes from eliminating services. The intent is not necessarily offering a great discount on similar policies to the competition, but paring down a policy to the minimum that you can legally have. It gets you in a car and on the road, and for that it serves its purpose.

There is a site at ifaauto.com that provides quote for PA, MD and NJ Car Insurance. You won't qualify if you are registering a car outside of those areas. However, looking at a more localized site has its benefits. You can be assured you are buying what your state requires, and sometimes have the option of purchasing no more than that, versus being required to buy a very comprehensive policy just by default, as there would be nothing else available.

Have you shopped for car insurance lately? If so, what was your experience like?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home