Thursday, January 14, 2010

So Many Options; So Little TIme

I remember a decade ago when I was working on some simple four page websites as if I was painting the Sistine Chapel, relying on website hosting from a free service such as geocities. Of course, you may know what happened to geocities. It has gone the way of the DoDo Bird. At least the nice folks there gave us ample warning rather than just dropping off the face of the earth. I do believe subscribers had three quarters of a year to park themselves somewhere else

I didn't dream that websites would become so complex and the web hosting options so vast. If I were to travel back in time to visit the self that was living at that moment, I would probably have caused quite a shock to myself both from my appearance and the promise of internet options to come.

For example, I remember when all you needed to learn is a little html language. Now strange words like drupal are peppering the technical lexicon. It sounds like a medical condition, quite frankly. It is really a contact management software that serves as the backbone of some websites, but perhaps to some, maybe it really is one of the Seven Dwarves.

Have you reviewed all the options available today from your webhost or others like it? You may be surprised if you haven't updated in awhile about what is out there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home