Monday, April 13, 2009

Cars, Cars Everywhere

There is nothing like old pickup trucks in my books when it comes to vehicles. They have so much character, can be driven in all weather conditions, and the visibility is far superior. Some of the trucks I have owned definitely won't bring a Rolls Royce or a mercedes benz to mind, that's for sure!

I am currently in the market for a vehicle, and I am really waffling and wavering with all the choices that are out there. Even though my heart is always with old trucks, I have really been intrigued by the new smart car. They are such a unique design and illicit a lot of nostalgia in me as they remind me a little bit like the BMW Isetta. It was in the "microcar" class, meaning that it seated one to three people. I have passed a dealer every day that has them, and the more i look at them, the more they remind me of a little roller skate. I am not quite sure if that would be safe enough for me in the winter time. If I had disposable income to have a little car on the side just for fun, I would consider it.

Someone suggest the mazda 3 to me. Unless I buy a used car that is a few years old, I am going to buy American. I was told that Mazda is owned by or affilated with Ford. What I have discovered is that the Mazda 3 is completely assembled in Japan. There may be Toyotas that are made in the United States, but you won't find this with the 3. So, if you are looking for a car that is putting Americans to work, it may not be your best choice.

I am not sure what I will decide. I have another two weeks to consider it, and will let you know.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home