Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Being the "Piano Man" Isn"t Our of Reach

I played two musical instruments in school, but the one that I was most interested in eluded me. I have always wanted to learn how to play the piano. I thought I was always a bit ahead of the game because I could handle Sight Reading. However, the price of a piano made my dream be dashed.

Sure, sometimes people get rid of pianos, but buying all the sheet music, or finding something you like adds up. Of course, that is the case, unless you are content playing chopsticks or the chords to "Mary Had a Little Lamb." I was able to find some suitable sheet music to download at http://www.yokewong.net/freesheetmusic.html. There is definitely a better selection to offer that is a bit more exciting, such as boogie woogie piano music, and also selections that fall into the new age category.

I am going to give it a shot, and fumble away on the electronic keyboard that has been languishing in the basement. The keyboard is a comparable size to a standard piano. It should be easy to transition to a piano, once I master it a little bit. I have always pictured myself as the person in old movies that suddenly sits at the piano and gets the whole room to snap out of their doldrums and put on a happier face.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home