Friday, December 07, 2007

Men's Fashion: Boring?

As I was flipping through a Details Magazine from several months ago. There was a letter to the editor mentioning that men's fashion was becoming "Boring." Or at least, the fashion that Details peddles.

I have noticed here and there on the internet that many designers like Patrik Ervell calls "the European impulse in fashion" predictable and boring." And other designers defend their own lines as "NOT BORING."

What do you think about Men's Fashion today?

Is it just the "same old, same old," missing some of the debonair of yester year? Or is there only so many ways to tailor a suit? Or do you find today's menswear to be contrary?

Comment and tell us how you feel!

2 Comments:

At 12/11/2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

First, let us state that I am OLD, so my opinion has perspective, but it may not count in your world....that said, my LEAST favorite new look is the Pinky Lee/Pee Wee Herman suit, so tight the guy can't move, sleeves halfway up the forearm, high water pants...worn with that horror of horror, the WHITE boot.

 
At 12/11/2007 7:15 PM, Blogger VintageGent said...

Thanks MaryAlice. I agree...the PeeWee Herman suit can really only be used for comic effect and doesn't really look "good" on anyone. On the boot front, I did have a favorite uncle who wore white buccs and looked rather snazzy but not just anyone can carry that one off. For me wide white belts are much scarier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home