Saturday, January 07, 2006

Where is my Men's Vogue?

Caption: Give me that magazine, Mr. Clooney, and you won't get hurt!!


In the fall, I patiently awaited the debut of Men's Vogue. Since in my vintage career I have become more and more predominantly a menswear dealer as of late, I was excited that I could peruse the latest on the runway free of lengthy expose' about someone's muscles and how they achieved them or the latest starlet in next to nothing. Not to imply that there shouldn't be magazines for people who want to read about that too, but it seems to be that a magazine focusing on male fashion tries to be everything to everybody and never really discussed fashion.

At any rate, the month arrived and I scoured the town for a copy. It must have been in limited release, but I finally found it at Walgreen's in this half a horse town. I admit that it was not as hefty as the women's version, but there were plenty of fashion ads to compare and to muse over the vintage clothing influence, which will be subsequently discussed in future installments of the Menswear Daily.

To my dismay, however, it is now January and I have yet to locate a subsequent issue. Did they decide one was enough? Not enough newstand sales or subscriptions? Or is it quarterly? I found another copy of the same premier issue two months later...but nothing else. Looks like I have missed the boat or will have to move to a large metropolitan area. Vogue must think that not enough fashionable people live in my town to drop them off.

If anyone knows how to answer my question - if i blinked and missed the next issue, am clueless, live in too small a town, or should be awaiting it quarterly, please feel free to let me know!

3 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this blog! Great job.
I had been wondering the same thing about Men's Vogue. So I checked around and found that it is going to be a quarterly.
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/article_display.jsp?schema=&vnu_content_id=1000893640

Happy New Year!
TheVintagePeddler

 
At 1/08/2006 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this blog! Great job.
I had been wondering the same thing about Men's Vogue. So I checked around and found that it is going to be a quarterly.
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/article_display.jsp?schema=&vnu_content_id=1000893640

Happy New Year!
TheVintagePeddler

 
At 1/08/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger VintageGent said...

Thanks! How could I have been so dense to have missed this? Of course I should have figured you would be the sharp cookie to figure it out. Glad to know I didn't miss anything, though! ~ Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home